Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Breakfast

This morning found an eclectic group of people sitting around my breakfast table. Sunday morning breakfast has become a sort of tradition around my house. This weekend Kurto was away in Arkansas so his famous (um... his dad's famous) potatoes were not on the menu. We had banana bread muffins and fruit. Very much not the mans breakfast but it was lovely. I had my neighbor from the corner house who is renting for three months while in intro classes, my friend who works in prenatal prayer with me, and an ihop visitor here for the children's conference currently residing in my basement. I love how the body of believers meets and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit brings all things in common. Practical strangers and yet our kitchen table felt like old friends sharing, learning from one another and connecting in deep things.

My banana bread was easy to make and has NO refined sugar. Israel loves it and it only takes 20 minutes.

One cube butter
3/4 cup honey
3 eggs
4 over ripe banannas
2 cups whole wheat flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
* Mix all ingredients in the order given. Bake for 20 min at 325.

I like to bake banna bread in muffin pans because it takes 20 minutes verses 45 and is easy storage, cleanup, and snack handy.

No comments: