Yesterday started with aqua walls, then an old bench I found curbside. One brown wall, two creamish walls & one paint/sanded bench later I find myself enjoying this room again. The blue couch with the aqua walls was singing "under the sea". I needed some restful colors for wintertime.
(funny side note thought while listening to the 2-4 set. - why does everyone at IHOP sound Scottish when they pray sometimes?)
Well last night I had a very late night. Yes I'll sadly admit it started with another project. Dani let me borrow a sewing book and in it were descriptions of 4 types of crafters. Perfectionist, meysers, artist, & speed demons. Guess what I was? If you said perfectionist you obviously have never been to my house! My mom is a perfectionist. Makes incredibly perfect projects. She measures. She plans. She prepares. She owns a seam ripper. My friend Dani is a meyser. She finds also is a great crafter. She is frugal, wise, and can make a a purse out of an old napkin. I have not met a speed demon yet. I am an Artist! Can you believe it? What does this mean? Well it means that I can take a room and create something out of nothing. It also means that...
1) I don't start or plan anything
2) sometimes I make exceptional one of a kind projects that can neither be
explained, repeated, or patterned (because I myself did not know how I got the
3) I have never followed a pattern
4) I start things without anticipating everything I might need to finish
5) I have fun but sometimes can get frustrated because I think i can do something
but I don't really have a clue how to do it.
* question asked yesterday. "Katch - when you go back and get more paint, do you have trouble matching the old wall perfectly?"
* answer... "um ... I usually just mix old leftover paint... matching... um..."
(another side note. I put up thick curtains in Izzy's room & he is taking a 3 hr nap. enough time for some pics.)