Sunday, December 14, 2008

the joys of mothering

It is officially 7am now. It has been a very long morning. One sick kid. One sick husband. One very overly prego mamma. One load of laundry from one sick kid (let the reader understand). One mopped bathroom floor. One kid bathed & cozy again. One load of dishes done. One cup of half-caf coffee (so far). One mom who needs the help of the Father today. Last week I was fortunate enough to go to a monthly mom's group here at IHOP. The speaker said something (actually a lot of things) that has had me thinking and crying and praying all week. This morning I am reminded of one thing in particular. God's greatest title for the church is to call her his bride, his WIFE. If he calls his very people that are his eternal reward his wife, how does he feel about the importance of being a wife, a helpmate, a partner with him? If I am to work out my role eternally before him as His bride then what better way to have a practical application of being a wife in my home, to my husband, serving & partnering? The application can go on and on and also brings into aspects of the metaphor of women's role in the church etc. but that is for another post. Today I am comforted that I am getting eternal training in my heart through my actions in my home.

1 comment:

Sheyb said...

Awwww!! I hope your family feels soon. Praise be to God for loving us so much!