Sunday, August 29, 2010

sorting through the noise

I am embarking on a new journey. November is my favorite month of the year for many reasons but mainly it has become a month of special events. Something special has happened the last six or so Novembers and it has become dear to my heart to set that month apart to seek the Lord, weed out distractions & really spend the time preparing my heart to receive openly before the Lord. Yesterday I started a new challenge and it happens to end the last week in November. I am really excited to see how it turns out. For months I have felt a bit dry. Actually a lot dry. I often times only get bits and pieces of time through the day and my reading has turned from devotional/concordance/study time to zip through a few tags on facebook or check one blog. I have so many encouraging blogs I read that often times I feel a sense of being "fed in my spirit" and I neglect the Word of God to supply my true need. I listened to a teaching this week in the car by a woman who has 7 children. She said the most basic of information but really emphasized the need for us mothers to be nourished in the Word of God if we are to fully give of ourselves to our children and husbands in the most graceful and full hearted manor. So anyhow I saw someone else do this and thought I would give it a try. I have never attempted to read through scripture at a quick pace. I have actually opposed it thinking it would somehow diminish the value of what I was reading. However I am really excited to go through and see the Bible as a whole and really feed on the fuel that makes my spirit come alive. Anyone up to join me? Let me know if you do...

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yup. I've majorly been thinking about this. Randy Bohlender's been doing it for over a month and he's loving it. I think I might be in with you.
When are you starting?

The Weaver Family said...

Kurto is gonna be reading along too. Started yesterday. Come on Nes! They have a public profile and you can see where others are, write down things to encourage each other, share what ministered to you about what. I think the more the better. Especially if jepardy plays!

Leslie said...

what plan are you doing... the link had a bunch Katchen.

The Weaver Family said...

Leslie I am doing the read through in 90 days. It is really really wonderful. I've never done anything like it... join in!