Saturday, January 04, 2014

New Years Crashings

We drove 16 hrs straight new years day. I drank three starbucks and ate two bags of famous amos, subway for lunch and rounded off with pretzels for dinner. So much for new years resolutions. I got home and woke up to dishes from Christmas Eve in my sink and nothing in my fridge. We ordered dinner out breaking my new budget on the first day. So much for resolutions indeed. The house is a mess, the toys are everywhere and I have to wear socks to not gross myself out from the crumbs on the floor. My heart wants to come alive but I feel lost where to start really. I return clothes to their piles, I make more piles of Christmas, I reorganize old piles, paper piles and then I feel lost and overwhelmed. I am a visual person so I am lost in my own piles of visual clutter in my own brain. Today I almost painted a room. I dusted the baseboards in a room where I could not see the floor because of suitcases and laundry but gosh darn it I am going to accomplish something so the baseboards it was. I conquered. Then I cried because by four my kitchen was finally clean and it was time to make dinner. Finally I settled on this quote because it spoke to me all day. "The discovery of God lies in the ordinary not in the spectacular and the heroic. If we cannot find God in the routines of home and shop then we will not find him at all." Richard Foster.

No comments: