Saturday, July 29, 2006

intercessor friend

This past week I have been reading through the book of Job. Let me tell you "Read with CAUTION." I never expected my heart to be so stretched, confused, and labored with pain. I was just reading along thinking poor job when it happened. The week started getting stressful, the flower shop got crazy, our construction for the basement was put on hold, Israel stopped sleeping through the night, Kurto & I weren't communicating well (perhaps because our schedules don't see each other from Mon night to Thurs), bills kept coming, and wow how quickly my little heart started to grumble. All of the people in my life brought more thoughts to my brain and little relief to my unsettledness. God was trying to brake through and before you know it I'm broken. My heart finally cracked two nights ago. Vulnerable city. As I'm reading through Job God became real, tangible, and so gentle in His kindness to me. I asked him to speak & He thundered. "Even now my witness is in heaven, my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend." Job 16:19&21 Amazing isn't it? Jesus is in heaven and as I am pouring out to Him, He is pouring out to God. He is pleading with God and His emotions behind the pleading are linked to his friendship with me. He knows me as His friend and He loves me as His friend and He presents my case before the Father as His friend's case. How beautiful is Jesus? How wonderful is the Father? How comforting is it to know that my intercessor is my friend?

1 comment:

Marci Lewellen said...

amen. let's stand.