Monday, November 06, 2006

midwest breakfast

Well let me just tell you about the biggest breakfast that I have ever seen. It all started out with three babies, a ten hour drive, one barfing toddler, two grande lattes, one rainstorm, and two tired friends. Welcome to Ohio. I was privilaged to stay at a great midwest house - front sun room and all. Israel had so much fun with Aiden & Arwen. I promised I would share about this breakfast. Coming from California my family breakfast mostly consisted of oj and cereal. I've never seen anything like this. Sausage, bacon, and trays of fresh baked biscuits and gravy. The people were even better and more interesting. I felt like I was in a movie. Grandpa & grandma, brother, mom & dad, babies, uncles and dogs... and a strange Californian in the midst dumbfounded at football, cars, and midwestern family talk. It was wonderful, loving, and strange. I will definately have to come back again for grandma's home cookin.

No comments: