Sunday, March 04, 2007

tired heart

Well I just got back from California. Usually I am refreshed by family, sunshine, the ocean and friends. I am tired, weary and broken. I have never been so happy to call Kansas City home. I think perhaps it is not Kansas City but the quiet life that I am privlaged to lead out here. Out here I can take the time to pause and reflect, go worship at any time I feel drawn, and just have a quiet place for my heart to heal. My Grandfather passed away on February 24th. This past CA adventure was to celebrate a live well loved. I did have a sweet time with my family. This time has made me aware of how special each member of my family is. It was filled with wonderful walks down memory lane, and encouraging words spoken from the heart. My papa left quite a legacy and my family is the testimony of his love.

No comments: