Tuesday, May 29, 2007

End of Day 2




Well it is the end of the day and I am tired. (As a side note: For all those who have asked here is the results of my aqua room, and the stained floors.)I took Israel to the prayer room and boy does he just want to dance. He didn't understand the new prayer room rules very much and he lasted about 45 minutes. He wanted to pray for the babies and the room was full of repentance. Well another thought I was reading today about Jesus doing His fast. He fasted for 40 days and went into the desert to do so (Luke 4). This brought me to Deuteronomy chapter one. The Israelites were under judgement because they didn't believe the spies reports of their inheritance in the promise land. They were banished to the desert for 40 years of judgement. Their response to the Lord was to go immediately and try and fight and take over the land. If they had gone and done this in the first place they would have had success as the Lord had promised. They tried to do obedience later and were defeated. They then tried to weep before the Lord but it was too late - consequences for their sin. My question is what if they had wept first, then went out to try and conquer their neighbors? What if they had repented first rather than repent after they tried to fix their big goof. Would their outcome have changed? Will our outcome change? Can we as the church weep first before we try and "fix" the church without the power of God behind us. We must do this.

"EVEN NOW, DECLARES THE LORD, RETURN TO ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH FASTING AND WEEPING AND MOURNING..." JOEL 2:12

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

Excellent job Katch! When I need my wood floors redone, can I call you? haha!!

Christina Wolkenfeld said...

awesome room!

Danielle said...

I love your floors. They make me think of coffee. :)