Saturday, June 02, 2007

Day 6


(this is my beautiful Kansas City)

Well today is day six and I must say that a week has gone by very fast. The last four days have been busy having company in our home, helping friends move, having Kurto turn 29, and taking time to sit and reflect which believe it or not actually takes time (surprising). I haven't blogged because most of this fast has been so deep and personal and much of how my blog would have gone the past few days would be like "repent, repented some more, wow my ugly heart, um... I want this or that... God please have mercy on me." I like what John said yesterday as he was doing laundry. He said, "Katch think of it this way, forty days is a very short time in considering forty years". Wow this really stuck to my heart. God is merciful in these forty days. It is his wisdom to give us what is actually only a very short amount of time. I am finding that I am aware of the fear of the Lord, and aware of my human heart. I am also aware of the gluten that I usually am. I am taking one day at a time. Today the Lord highlighted this verse.

"O JERUSALEM, JERUSALEM, YOU WHO KILL THE PROPHETS AND STONE THOSE SENT TO YOU, HOW OFTEN I HAVE LONGED TO GATHER YOUR CHILDREN TOGETHER, AS A HEN GATHERS HER CHICKS UNDER HER WINGS, BUT YOU WERE NOT WILLING! lOOK YOUR HOUSE IS LEFT TO YOU DESOLATE. i TELL YOU, YOU WILL NOT SEE ME AGAIN UNTIL YOU SAY 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.'" LUKE 13:34

No comments: