Friday, September 28, 2007

No words

have you ever not had words? even now as I type my fingers feel as though they are trailing through the sludge of my mind. I have just been to my Friday morning class & after weeping for two hours my mind is lacking comfort and my spirit soul and body are at odds trying to keep up with submission to the Holy Spirit's leadership. Shelly spoke on this verse today. (Thes 5:23) This verse is my life verse. You know the one you pick when you first really get serious about Jesus. The one that I put on a tshirt my senior year of high school. I can remember people saying... "um - what is Thes?" Well I had sort of shelved that verse until today. I have always longed for this verse from very deep inside of me. Shelly took three hours to break it apart and managed to break up the shallow ground of my heart. Ripping out thorns, throwing rocks,& seemingly spraying weed kill all over the place. Well here's to asking the Father to grow his word deep within me. I just know He will do it. I just love the last phrase of this verse because it it a promise to my brokenness that I can trust Him with this task. He will do it.
"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and he will do it." I Thessalonians 5:23

1 comment:

Ricci said...

What a goal. "Growth is evidence of life" we're all in a journey to be more like Christ, just keep moving towards the goal!