Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In process.

This whole home in order thing is a thing in process. After the day is done my kitchen is a mess, there are trains lining the stairs and my laundry is all over the bed. I smile at Kurto "but my 9th grade photo album is ready and in order to be digitalized." This kind of house order only makes sense in my mind. Kurto was home all day yesterday and Izzy & I couldn't have been happier. My recent process has been to digitalized my old pics (like the 100lb albums of pre-marriage). The word of the year is simplify. Who wants to keep moving 20 big albums with deteriorating pics every time we move? I want to be able to find pics, organize them, reprint a few keepers, and also show some funny shots to the world. =-) Yesterday I found all my pics of Kurto and I dating and it reminded me of our story of how we met, how he asked me out at Starbucks (no wonder I love that place) and how young we looked ( I was 17. Ten years goes by so fast!) Kurto & I got set up on a blind date (Wahoos fish tacos). We went there with my coworker from Starbucks miss matchmaker Charity. Within a week Kurto asked me to be his girlfriend and within two weeks I told him we would be married. (must admit not the smartest move to start off dating). Kurt was my first boyfriend and the Lord had told me that I would marry a blond guitar man. When Kurto showed up he was it. When I asked my family if Kurto could come on the family ski trip after only three months I think they knew it too. We both worked in Junior high ministry together. We dated for a year and a half. I worked at Starbucks and coached volleyball and Kurto surfed and worked a a telecaller salesman. We were married in 2000. Along came Israel in 2004 but that is for another post...

4 comments:

Ricci said...

Ahhh, I remember it well. I remember when you found out you where somehow distanly related through marriage. I remember everyone knowing you were smitten and how perfect you guys were for each other. 10 years goes by soo fast, congrats! I knew I would marry a dark haired, blued eyed, teddybear of a man, and I did!

Anonymous said...

I love you sis. ~Heidi

Katie said...

Would love for you to post some dating pics!!! :)

Anonymous said...

10 years?! Wow! Congrats on the years together! That is wonderful, and God works in amazing and wonderful ways!