Friday, October 03, 2008

Aubrey Lynn Update

Well I am 23 weeks and little Aubrey Lynn has decided she likes her brother so much she wants to take after him. She is definately causing me to push foward in prayer and petition to the Lord, dedicate her to him from the womb & rest in His Word. For that I am so thankful. Her other behavior is a bit naughty and she and I are going to have a few words (hopefully later than sooner). Aubrey has decided to try and come visit the family a bit soon. I have had contractions for about 5 weeks now (yes the real kind). Not fun. Izzy started this journey about week 24 and my body started reacting around week 30. I was on bedrest at week 24 complete with trabutaline aka "turbocry". I could get up to use the facilities and take a bath. Exciting times. As of last Wed I was put on bedrest for this pregnancy. It is a bit more modified for at least this week. I will go to the doctors weekly now to be checked out. My body is already preparing for labor (incert terms that I don't really care to expand on nor blog about). I am away from family which is hard but am surrounded by my spiritual family which is amazing and wonderful. I am truly feeling the blessing of the body of Christ. Within 24hrs I had Izzy watched 5 days a week for the mornings until naptime, meals 4 days a week, people running my errands, a friend brought be a latte (she knows my needs), & offers to paint the nursery etc. I have had a fear in my heart of this process but know that I am in the midst I am feeling overwhelmed by love and support. Speaking of which let me tell you about my wonderful husband. (& for anyone who wants to support him through this time as well his love language is a grande vanilla mocha). Kurto has taken over all laundry, continually cleaned up the house, loved on Israel, done bathtime bedtime & the ever present "kurto can you get me ____?" I see his patience and heart to love Israel, Aubrey & I has grown and I am just so blessed by this man. Anyhow I covet your prayers. I need his strength daily. He has really highlighted this verse to my heart "He preparest a table for me before my enemies". I am striving to trust him each day, eat the daily bread that he gives me & do it with joy triumphing over my enemies of despair, doubt and fear. Thanks to all who have helped so far. The journey continues...

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Katch! I know you are so thankful for the great group of people you have around you. Praying that the next 15- to 18-ish weeks go safely and quickly.

Ricci said...

I am so sorry you are having to go through this again. I will be praying for you and your growing family. What is your "safe date" for delivery?

Sheyb said...

I am so thankful that you have a great group of people to pray for your pregnancy!! We are all too familiar with prematurity in this household! I will be praying for you!

The McKays said...

oh, friend, this sounds so hard! i'm very sorry to hear that you are at this place, but amazed to hear how the body of Christ has instantly surrounded you and is helping. oh my goodness, what would we do without community??! and your hubby sounds amazing; hooray for good men! praying for you all for the next few months. hang in there! xoxo

Ashley Hales said...

I'm so sorry to hear that pregnancy #2 is so similar to #1 re: the bed rest. I hope that you are able to rest in God's timing and provision amidst the 'not knowing'.