Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oil of Joy

Don't let Satan "phhheww" it out. I'm gonna let it shine.
Don't let Satan "phhheww" it out. I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine let it shine.

Let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine...

I'm not sure which part is Holy Spirit and which part is mental brake down but this song really inspired me this morning. Lets just say yesterday was a melt down day. I went to the doctor who smiled and said "see you in another week...". Not the words a very VERY prego lady wants to hear. Then I really wanted prayer and got the times mixed up for prego prayer in the prayer room. I actually didn't get my times mixed up I just thought I was a whole day ahead. I know that praying for Zimbabwe has major importance in the kingdom but my heart just wasn't cooperating. I then went home to a slew of craziness, my dog's home that we found won't work out (anyone want a cute black lab pronto?) and I was wallowing in self prego pity. It was a long night with my not newborn Israel up almost 5 times. Mixed with the fact that I get up every 45 minutes anyways these nights lets just say I am tired. But...
Today is a new day! His mercies never fail, they are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. So today as I was in the barn cleaning out my cooler to be sold this little song came to mind and my heart was encouraged. What is the "it" that I won't let Satan "phhhewww" out? It is the oil of joy. I am choosing joy today in the midst of it all.

2 comments:

Ashley Hales said...

Thank you -- this is really encouraging for another mama who hasn't been getting enough sleep with a toddler and is dreading adding a newborn to that mix right now!

Unknown said...

Way to go girl! How great that words sung when we were little can bring encouragement to a weary heart today.

I really love reading your blogs...I feel like your theme is often experiencing grace, joy, and peace in the mundane. Good stuff.