Monday, December 14, 2009

what about that bread you asked?

for all those wondering about the bread...
I made Israel take all his change and give it and the bread back to "Mr. Trader Joe". We went to the store and spoke to the manager. He got down on Israel's eye level and talked to him. He took him over and pretended to ring up the bread. He counted out ALL of Israel's change, told him the bread would cost him everything. It was very dramatic. Very sad. Gave a great lasting impression. As we were looking at pics the other day Israel saw the bread. He said "mommy remember the bread? Remember how my heart disobeyed? That was so sad. Remember I have no money any more? Mom did you forgive me for the bread?" Those were his exact words. I am so thankful that when we ask for wisdom God grants it to us. Especially as mothers. I am constantly asking the Lord this "HELP me with this child. Give me wisdom and revelation for his heart to have the fear of the Lord and to obey". I remember a conversation I had with my dad when I was 10 years old. I was in his office and he asked me "Katch do you think I would rather you be happy in life or be good?" I replied like any other self centered child would (and I hear this all the time from parents 'I just want my kids to be happy etc.') "you want me to be happy. to have a happy life". My dad looked me straight in the eye and said "No. I don't want that for you; because you can be very happy and be in sin." This is so true! And it resonates in my spirit to this day. Many people in the world are very happy. I see happy families all the time and they are going to go to hell if they do not know Jesus. Sin can be fun sometimes. Darkness is often dressed as light and can give people a happy feeling and false sense of peace. In raising Israel I am learning so many things. I deeply desire him to be a boy that obeys. If it extreme to take back bread and make a scene in Trader Joes just because Israel took a bite of it when I told him we were not going to buy it then I am glad. I want Israel to obey me in the little things. To trust that I mean what I say, because as he grows and has relationship with the Father he will have to learn this too. God means what He says. His word does not change. If Israel can learn to obey my words now it will train him in a path that leads to obedience to God's Word and only that can bring true happiness.

2 comments:

Ricci said...

Amen sista! Preach it! I so enjoy reading your posts, keep 'em coming, I can use all the help I can get in raising my 3 boys too!

Jocelynalice said...

wow katch. i like what youre seeing. plus, your dad sounds like really wise man. we miss y ou too over here. i have yet to find those rolling pins but perhaps they still exist somewhere here. :)