Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm not making this up

Exactly one year to this week we moved cross country. This time we moved cities. Down to Capo Beach. The ocean is calming to me. I can see it from my living room, kitchen table & I can see Dana Point Harbor from my bedroom. I am happy. I am sad too. It is a bit much. We packed Thur night. Moved Friday. Went to a wedding Saturday. Unpacked everything today. Going to the flower mart tomorrow. Funeral Tuesday. It is my fourth funeral in four months. I haven't had any time to process anything. And Aubrey got two new teeth in the past week. She has been CRANKY. I have too. But we are here. We are settling. We are so overwhelmed by the Lords kindness and mercy to us. The best thing about my apartment is that the washer and dryer are in the kitchen. In between my stove and my fridge. Awesome. So convienent. Oh and today I noticed a toilet paper roller attatched to my oven. So convienent? More pics to come. I'm off to contact paper. Does anyone else not feel settled until someone elses old contact paper nastiness is out and your cute Target paper is in? Even in nasty old cabinets with gold knobs I feel happy with my contact paper in and my dishes in order. Oh and now I am miles and miles away from Target. Target was on my pros and cons list for staying at our old place. Sad but true.

2 comments:

Ricci said...

I'm right there with you Katch (the Target being on the pros and cons list) My parents are in SanClemente and it is crazy how far away Target is from that area! I still like the new one off of Los Alisos best, worth the drive! Happy unpacking!

Christina Wolkenfeld said...

i can't wait to see your new place! my mom told me where it was, great location!