Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bittersweets


Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. It has been a week of bittersweets. Thanksgiving and thankfulness for family. Thankful for Jesus blood and promises of seeing our loved ones again. Thankful to be able to witness the process of dying with the hope of eternity and the glimpses of the welcoming party in heaven. Kurto's grandma went to be with Jesus this week. We have her service on Sunday. I am doing the flowers. Somehow this helps. It helps to create something beautiful and lets me work with my hands. Sunday morning I will go to my garage and drink my coffee and shed some tears and smile. I will clean the flowers and place them piece by piece. I will think of grandma and her ways. I will try and make something beautiful and feminine. Just like her. I am overwhelmed by her character traits. I am overwhelmed by the last goodbyes I had with her. I love to think that we both had little girls that look like twinsies. I have reflected this week that she must of looked at Jan the same way I look at Aubrey. It is special. Kurts grandma was direct, say it as it is, and I like that. She had a confidence in who she was and had such a foundation of her character in Christ. She was hospitable and compassionate. She brought my family a meal a few months ago when I was in the hospital. The sick tending to the sick. Beautiful. She sang to Israel every time she opened her front door. When Kurt and I went in her room to say our goodbyes she looked at us said "I'm still smiling" and gave us a huge genuine grin. I am thankful for the bittersweets of life and that there is a time for every season. A time to be thankful, a time to laugh, a time to mourn, a time to weep. A time for bittersweets.

1 comment:

Christina Wolkenfeld said...

sorry Katchen, love you guys! you're in my prayer